
Ok, I don't get it. Why are all the art pieces nowadays so morbid and pessimistic? I understand you want to make a point that we can't depend on the superheroes now, and maybe, to even stretch it a little, sending a message about global warming. Does it need to be place right in middle of public spaces?
I believe people express their joy, sadness, sorrows, hope, hopelessness through art, sculpture, paintings, but do you need to place this particular morbid one right in the middle of the city where our iconic National Art Museum is? It is just disturbing walking past this everyday.
"Nobody can save us now" man.....
Art like this should be place inside museums where people can choose for themselves whether they want to indulge in those thought (negative or not)-provoking pieces, not in public place like this. We have enough to think about in life and it would be nice if we can think happy walking through the garden city of Singapore.
No comments:
Post a Comment