Prac is finally starting in about .... 1.5 days time. While the trepidation begins, nervousness, some degree of fear and uncertainty, I know it was time to experience the real stuff- to head out in the battlefield and put all theories into practice.
It is really interesting but I have met people who enter this profession wanting to inspire and instill real changes, ending up saying all they want now is resilience, and to survive in this profession.
It can be a crushing realization to know that amidst our ideals and dreams, reality can really struck us and remind us that things are not always rosy and perfect. The key is to know what and who we are doing it for ultimately. Backstabbing colleagues, biased bosses, kids from hell aside, who are we actually serving, do we love the people we are trying to lead, what is the purpose behind why we are doing this?
Easier said than done, of course, but I guess that is why we need constant reminders and renewal from the Maker Himself.
I pray for love for these people whose lives I am going to touch, I pray for patience and diligence as I offer my knowledge and values to them, I pray for wisdom as I lead them to find a purpose in their lives, I pray for joy and encouragements that will keep me going everyday. I pray God, that I will do you proud.
No comments:
Post a Comment